The annual conference of The Schumacher Institute, titled ‘Systems Connections: the Wellbeing Economy and Climate Emergency’, will be held at the CREATE Centre, Bristol on 9 May 2019 from 10.00 am to 4.30 pm.
“Our climate is changing faster than we are. We need to speed up. The Rapid Transition Alliance is a new, global initiative learning from where, when and how good things happen quickly”.
Keynote speakers will include:
- Vala Ragnarsdottir, Professor of Sustainability, Iceland – Wellbeing Economy contributions to Climate Emergency strategies
- Andrew Simms from the Rapid Transition Alliance – Collaborative Action for a new economy
- Jennifer Hinton, Adapt Econ II project and the Post Growth Institute – Growing the Social Economy for Strong Sustainability
The day combines presentations, discussion and activities. Themed workshops will include:
- Psychology, Wellbeing and Change
- Making Peace with Nature
- Climate Emergency policy demands
- New Economy strategies
We follow Fritz Schumacher’s belief that economic transformation must be at the heart of strategies for change.
To book a place, please visit https://helmtickets.com/events/3823/may-9th-2019-conference.
The Schumacher Institute https://www.schumacherinstitute.org.uk/
A decade of Sustainable SYSTEMS | The Schumacher Institute holds a celebratory conference in Bristol https://sunewsinfo.wordpress.com/2018/05/28/a-decade-of-sustainable-systems-the-schumacher-institute-holds-a-celebratory-conference-in-bristol/
Journal SYSTEM CHANGE https://systemchange.online