The European RCE (Regional Centres of Expertise) Meeting 2018 will take place at the University of Southern Brittany (Université de Bretagne Sud), on 29 and 30 August 2018, in Vannes, Brittany, France.
The meeting’s overarching theme is ESD (Education for Sustainable Development) and the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals): how can RCEs coordinate both of them to achieve the SDGs?
The other themes include the following:
• European RCEs’ actions on GAP and SDGs
• Continuing the discussion of the topics raised during the European RCE meeting in Dortmund, September 2017
• ESD – curriculum development in Technical Vocational Education and Training schools (TVET)
• TVET in combination with Community Empowerment
• Plenary presentation of the new NGO COMMEET
• Sharing the work of European RCEs and learning from each other
Organised by the RCE Brittany, this annual event will bring together the members of the RCE community from nearly 20 countries in Europe.
Turning to the global RCE network, as of August 2018, 165 RCEs have officially been acknowledged by the United Nations University worldwide. These RCEs aim to translate global objectives into the context of their local communities.
European RCE Meeting 2018 website https://rcebretagne.org/
LSBU and RCE London host European RCE Meeting 2016 https://sunewsinfo.wordpress.com/2016/09/27/lsbu-and-rce-london-host-european-rce-meeting-2016/
Photos from European RCE Meeting 2016 in London https://londonrcenews.wordpress.com/photos-european-rce-meeting-2016/