The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) Conference 2013 will take place in Nashville, Tennessee from 6 to 9 October 2013.
The conference will bring together over 2000 participants from around the world, providing the largest platform in North America for higher education sustainability thought leadership. It will comprise a range of session types, including keynotes, workshops, meet-ups, briefings, case studies, films, networking lunches, panel discussions, posters, presentations and a sustainability campus tour.
The conference will feature three keynote speakers:
- Markese W. Bryant (Co-founder and Managing Partner of Fight for Light, Inc.)
- Raj Patel (Controversial author, journalist, and food policy expert)
- Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins (Chief Executive Officer of Green for All)
It will also feature a number of plenary speakers:
Sustainability and Sound
- Aaron S. Allen (University of North Carolina at Greensboro)
- Jeff Todd Titon (Brown University)
- Denise Von Glahn (Florida State University)
Investing in Energy Efficiency through Green Revolving Funds
- Mark Orlowski (Sustainable Endowments Institute Founder and Executive Director)
- John Hegman (Agnes Scott College Vice President for Business and Finance)
- Brien Lewis (Catawba College President)
- Heather Henriksen (Harvard University Office for Sustainability Director)
Organizational Leadership for Sustainability Education
- Stephen Mulkey (Unity College President)
AASHE Student Summit 2013 and AASHE 2013 Sustainability Awards ceremony will be held on first day. Western Kentucky University Green Tour will take place on the final day.
Image from AASHE Conference 2013 website