The 13th International ACTS (Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability) Conference, themed ‘Sharing learning: lessons from the Sustainability Community,’ will take place in Sydney, Australia, from 25 to 27 September 2013.
This three-day conference will provide opportunities for professionals in the field of sustainability, social responsibility and environmental management to share ideas and successes with peers while advancing knowledge of current and emerging issues.
The conference will feature five keynote speakers:
- Professor Ian Lowe, Emeritus Professor of Science, Technology and Society at Griffith University
- Scientia Professor Veena Sahajwalla, Director of Sustainable Materials Research and Technology (Smart) at the University of New South Wales
- Professor David Hood, Adjunct Professor in the Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Sarah Lee, Scotland Manager at the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) UK
- Charlotte Taylor, National Union of Students (NUS), UK
Its concurrent sessions will be in four areas:
- Leadership and Governance
- Partnerships and Engagement
- Learning, Teaching and Research
- Facilities and Operations
The second and third days will see Green Gown Awards Australasia 2013 and a Professional Development session on ‘Sustainability Practitioners as Change Agents’.
The event is jointly hosted by Macquarie University, Northern Sydney Institute of TAFE, University of Newcastle, University of New South Wales, University of Technology Sydney, University of Western Sydney and University of Wollongong.
Image from the ACTS conference website