A conference on Effective local action on Air Pollution in London will be held at University College London (UCL) on 17 April 2013.
- Murad Qureshi, Chair of Health & Environment Committee, Greater London Authority
- Dr Ian Mudway, Environmental Research Group, King’s College London
- Maria Arnold, Healthy Air Campaign
- Simon Birkett, Clean Air for London
- Neil Parry, East End Quality of Life Initiative, Sheffield
- Louise Francis, Mapping for Change
The conference will focus on:
- Current policy and knowledge issues
- The current state and future potential of local action
- Gaps in knowledge and action
- The role of local councils and public health agencies
- The potential for co-operative action by different agencies and organisations
Organised by Mapping for Change, a community interest company based at UCL, the event is supported by the Healthy Air Campaign, Clean Air for London, Sustrans, Friends of the Earth, the East End Quality of Life Initiative (Sheffield) and the City Bridge Trust.